I work as a postoctoral researcher in the RealOPT team, at Inria Bordeaux - Sud-Ouest. My current research addresses the development of theoretically-guaranteed approximation algorithms to solve allocation problems on Cloud Platforms.
From the engineering point of view, a really enjoyable and amusing side effect of this research is the kind of related tasks involved, like data exploratory analysis (with Python and R) and the use of Big Data techniques for data analysis of large-scale infrastructure traces.
In general, my research interests include:
- Management of Cloud Computing systems.
- Data profiling in real and virtualised environments.
- Performance monitoring of large-scale architectures.
- High Performance Computing.
- Strategies to improve data locality on distributed systems.
- Operating systems programming.